Tughlaqabad Fort Delhi
Tughluqabad Fort Delhi still comprises of singular, monumental stone defensive structure consisting of walls and mounds built around the stronghold to strengthen it to a great extent. The slanting and damaged surrounds, a distinctive characteristic of memorials of the Tughluq dynasty, are between 10 and 15 meters tall, crowned by castellated breastworks and beefed up by round citadels of up to two floors altitude.
In Tughluqabad fort history, accounts are there, which alleges the structure to have featured almost 52 gates of which only 13 gates remain now. Furthermore, the bastioned city comprised seven rainwater storage tanks.
Tughlaqabad fort architecture is unique and is carved up into three parts:
- Broader city area with abodes constructed along an orthogonal grid between its gates
- Bastion with a tower at its peak point called as Bijai-Mandal and many halls and a lengthy below ground passageway
- Abutting castle area comprising the imperial abodes. A long below ground passageway under the tower still stays on.
The citadel still stands tall in an ominous manner characterized by gloom and mystery; the palace extending over 4 miles appears stupefying for its stateliness.
Near Ohkla industrial area,
Open: All days throughout the year
Tughlaqabad Fort Timing: Sunrise to sunset
Rs. 5 per head (for Indian citizens and members of SAARC and BIMSTEC Countries)
Rs. 100 per head for international visitors
Free for children up to 15 years of age
Photography Charges: none
Distance: Approx. distance from Indira Gandhi International Airport: 19 km
How to Reach
Tips for Travelers:
- Typically, the time taken to explore the entire Tughlaqabad Fort complex is about 3 to 4 hours.
- The ground surface is not even or uniform, barbed and in general not advised for old persons and people who have trouble taking the air.
- It is highly recommended to get along with the exploration with a well-equipped walking gear as it will be very handy during the course of the visit.
- The most preferred time to visit the historical site of Tughlakabad Qila is between Oct and Apr as Delhi weather conditions can be more tolerant.
- Best mode of transportation to this historic spot is by cab or car, and parking facility is functional at the entryway of the site.
Places of Interest near Tuglaqabad Fort
- Ghiyasuddin Tughlak Tomb - 0.3 km
- Old Shani Mandir - 0.9 km
- Shri Hari Temple - 2.3 km
- Ravidas Mandir - 2.6 km
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0