Things to do in Delhi
Sights and sounds of Delhi
The list of monuments and museums of Delhi is a long one. However, it should be the number one in your checklist.
- You can start your journey with Delhi 6 i.e. Old Delhi, which will show you the correct picture of the city. You can afford to dream of a bygone era by visiting the world famous Lal Quila or Red Fort stands tall in the middle of Old Delhi and keep some time for the light and sound show.
- Jama Masjid, one of the oldest mosques in India is located in Old Delhi. The visit can be peppered with a ride in the old style rickshaws to help you reach your destination.
- Spend some quite time in Humayun’s tomb, Rajghat, Safdrajung tomb and Shanti Van which will transport you to some of the golden years in India’s history.
- Don’t forget to spend some time in Delhi’s most famous monument, the Qutub Minar, built by Qutubuddin Aibak.
- Who said Delhi sleeps at night! Not so, if you visit India Gate at night, which is one of Delhi,’s famous landmarks that has witnessed history of Delhi through time immemorial.
- If you happen to visit Delhi during spring, Garden of Five Senses will greet you to some colourful flowers. A visit to Mughal Gardens is also a must do thing if you happen to be in Delhi during spring.
- Spend some quality time in Delhi’s famous museums which will tell you about the country’s heritage , history and tradition., National Gallery of Modern Arts, Crafts Museum, National Museum, Rail Museum, Air force Museum and Gandhi Smriti are some of the museums you should visit.
- Marvel at the beautiful architecture of Lotus Temple and Akshardham Temple
Shopping in Delhi
- A visit to Lajpat Nagar and Sarojini Nagar Market is a must for some some bargain shopping of shoes, clothes and bags.
- Shop in Khan Market, South Ex, GK 1 and malls in Delhi for branded clothes and footwear.
- Carry whole spices at very low rates from the famous Khairi Baoli spice market in Delhi.
- If you are looking for cheap, no guarantee made in China electronic and electrical goods, Palika Bazar is the place to be.
- A visit to Connaught Place is a must even if you are in Delhi for a day. Shop, eat, relax or simply take a stroll- a visit to Connaught Place should not be missed on any account.
- If you are book lover, Daryaganj book market will give you books - old and new, rare and latest!
Food of Delhi
Looking for tradition Delhi food like parathas, butter chicken and dal makhni or wanting to experiment with exotic sea food and sushi – Delhi has it all.
- Gol gappas, aloo chat and bhalla papri of Old Delhi are famous and will leave you asking for more. Lip smacking parathas from parathewala gali in Old Delhi, biriyani from Karims, and ildi sambhar from Sravanna Bhavan are some of the not to be missed food in Delhi.
- If your city does not have a dominos McDonalds, Star Bucks or Pizza Hut, satisfy yourself in these joints to your heart’s content!
- Visit Dilli Haat for some handicraft shopping and to get the taste of some of India
Activities in Delhi
- Delhi is India’s one of the important cultural hubs. Be it theater in Kamani and NSD or some musical shows in India Habitat Centre, there are few evenings which are dull in Delhi.
- Enrich your knowledge of art and culture with your visit to various art galleries in Delhi for photo exhibition, painting exhibitions and digital media exhibition.
You still want more! Click on the following for details: