Ministry of Health & F.W., Govt. of India
NEW DELHI - 110 029
EPABX: 26165060, 26165032, 26168336
For ACCIDENT & EMERGENCY SERVICES DIAL to 26161960, 26194690
For OTHER SERVICES & ENQUIRIES DIAL to ----
EPABX: 26730000, 26165060, 26165032, 26168336
OPD Facility in Safdarjung HospitalEnquiry and Reception: Phone: 011-26165060, 26165032, 26168336
OPD Registration time: Mon to Fri: 8.00 AM-11.30 AM
Sat: 8.00 AM-11.00 AM
For Special Clinics: 1:30 PM-2:30 PM
Super Specialty Departments in Safdarjung HospitalThere are 5 emergency OT's (Operation Theatres) functioning round the clock,duty doctors available 24 hours with Specialists and Head of Departments on call to give utmost care to patients. Super specialty departments include Paediatric Surgery, Cardiac Surgery (CTVS), Cardiology, Nuclear medicine, Neurosurgery, Haematology, Respiratory Medicine, Neurology, Gastroenterology, Cancer Surgery, Medical Oncology, Urology, Burns and Plastic surgery, Nephrology and Endocrinology.
Advanced facilities for treatment are available for total hip replacement surgery, knee replacement surgery, coronary artery bypass surgery, congenital heart disease repair surgeries, heart valves replacement and repair surgery and angiography, angioplasty, arthroscopies and arthroscopy assisted surgery of joints, sports injury clinic and lithotripsy for kidney stones. Also facilities for artificial limb implant, dialysis for kidney failure patients, radiotherapy, cancer surgery, laproscopic cholecystectomy, DOTS for TB patients, antiretroviral therapy for AIDS patients, blood tests, mammography, whole body Spiral CT Scan, MRI, OPG, Digital X-Ray are provided.
Emergency Services in Safdarjung HospitalAbout 21 ambulances are available 24x7. Emergency services provided in medical, surgical, orthopaedics, paediatrics, eye and ENT departments round the clock. There is ICU facility for proper care of patients. Sports Injury Centre (SIC) provides specialized treatment for sports and joint disorders. There is round the clock Ultra sound, X-Ray and Radiology services.
Blood Bank and Transfusion MedicineThe department functions round the clock and is located in CSSR building, II floor. There is facility for blood donation, screening of donors and issue of blood to wards. Blood cross match, Hb estimation, Coombs tests, ABO Grouping tests and other important tests, for instance, STS, HbsAg, 4HIV, 5HCV tests are done here.
Important Phone Numbers
- Dr. K.T.Bhowmick, Additional M.S.(Casualty) Phone: 011-26707362
- Dr.N.Bharadwaj, CMO In charge Phone: 011-26179048
- Dr. Gulshanjit Singh, HOD Surgery Phone: 011-26198508
- Dr. B.Gupta, HOD Medicine Phone: 011-26166443
- D.Karoon Agarwal, HOD Burns & Plastic Surgery Phone: 011-26163697
- Dr.Karam Chand HOD Neurosurgery Phone: 011-26198109
- Dr. Anoop Gogia HOD Anaesthesiology Phone: 011-26198462
- Dr. B.B. Thukral HOD, Radiology Phone:011-26198075
- Dr. V.K. Sharma HOD Orthopaedics Phone: 011-26192467
- Dr. J.S. Dhupia HOD Pathology Phone:011-26168470
- Dr. Anil Kumar Mittal HOD, Forensic Medicine Phone: 011-26198188
- Shri.C.S. Mishra, Deputy Director Adm. Phone: 011-26167491
Grievance Redressal Cell (GRC)
- Dr. Vinu Khanna,Chairman (GRC) Phone: 26164277
- Dr. Vimal Bhandari, Member Secretary (GRC) Phone: 26707286
Right to InformationRTI Cell is near main gate No.1,Ground Floor.
Phone: 011-26707362, 011-26193792
Welfare Schemes for Poor Patients in Safdarjung Hospital
- For outstation patients who need to visit hospital frequently for treatment, free stay is available in Dharamshala (open round the clock with ambulance services).
- Poor patients with income less than ?7254 per month can be referred to private hospitals. They have to contact Nodal Officer in Casualty Block, Room No.107 (Ground Floor).
- National Illness assistance Fund (NIAF) is for patients living below poverty line (BPL). They can receive monetary assistance up to Rs 1,00,000 for treatment in Safdarjung hospital on approval from Addl. D.G. and Med. Superintendent.
- The Medical Social Welfare Department is located in OPD Building, Wing-B, Room No. 17. The doctors here assist distressed patients to psychologically deal with their disease.
Educational Facilities in Safdarjung Hospital
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College, affiliated to Guru Govind Singh I P University offers MBBS courses
- Paramedical Courses comprise of Diploma in Medical Lab Technician, MLT Apprenticeship Training, Pre-Hospital Trauma Technician,Training in Pharmacy, Short Term Training and Observership and College of Nursing.
Click here for Hospitals in Delhi
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0