Paharganj Market in DelhiThe strange, mysterious streets of the Paharganj have a distinctive appeal to them. A second home for foreign tourists, it is popular as a favorite destination of the backpackers. Paharganj Main Bazaar is perhaps the first market place that greets the visitors coming from the New Delhi Railway Station.
What to Shop @ Paharganj Market
As the sun sets, the market matures into a desi version of any perky street in Las Vegas. One can see sign boards of various guesthouses and hotels in Paharganj New Delhi, from a distance, flashing "Bar", "AC Hotel', "Deluxe Hotel' in different lights, amidst the darkness of night.
What and Where to Eat -
- The restaurants, bars and cafés have International cuisine to offer. American, European cuisine and delectable food items can be had at inexpensive prices.
- Ask college students, where else than in Paharganj, will beer be so easily available and that too at modest prices! Check out the local bar cum restaurants here. My Bar is a hit with visitors.
- Cafes like Sam's Café (1534-1550, main bazaar), Madan Café, Kitchen Café offer a wholesome breakfast menu from enchiladas, scrambled eggs, avocado salad to other multi cuisine dishes.
- Check out Sonu Chat House (5045-5046, main bazaar) for delicious snacks. Binge on food with a twist like chocolate banana dosa, egg dosa,cheese dosa, which is their specialty.
- Head to Diamond restaurant for tasty pasta and other dishes. Servings are generous.
Our Advice: Bargain and loads of bargain is the mantra for smart shopping here.
How to Reach: Nearest metro station is New Delhi (Yellow Line). Take a rickshaw and head towards the Desh Bandhu Gupta road and cross the bridge over railway tracks to reach here. The market is located on the road opposite to the New Delhi Railway Station.