Old Delhi Railway Station
Facilities at Old Delhi Railway Station:
- Computerized reservation facility.
- Tourist Information Bureau
- Nearby budget, economy and deluxe hotels for tourists
- Cloak room is available for the passengers where they can safely keep there luggage.
- Car parking is also available for the visitors.
- The station is near to the Chandni Chowk Metro Station, thereby making it further easy for metro users to catch trains to different destinations far or nearby.
- Proximity to Old Delhi enables tourists to get a feel of Old Delhi
- Delhi Sealdah special
- Delhi Udhampur express
- Delhi Gaya superfast special
- Delhi Muzaffarnagar dmu
- Delhi Panipat EMU
- Delhi Shamli
- Jammu Mail
- Delhi Aligarh
- Delhi Ghaziabad
- Delhi Palwal
- Garib Rath
- Samjautha Express
- Pink City Express
The Old Delhi station has railway lines from three directions including
from East (Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh), north (Ambala,
Karnal, Sonepat, Panipat, Chandigarh, Amritsar & Jammu), and west (Kishanganj, Shakurbasti, Rohtak side).
Anand Vihar Railway StationThe city of Delhi heavily depends on rail transport to cater the need of increasing load of passengers to their destinations. With increasing passengers pressure from all over the world at existing station of Delhi railways namely old Delhi railways station, new Delhi railway station its has become necessary to have additional railway terminal. Anand Vihar railway station has come up to bear the burden of the increasing load of passengers.
The station was inaugurated on 19 December 2009 by the then Union Railway Minster, Mamta Banerjee and the Chief Minister of Delhi, Sheila Dikhshit. The Delhi division of the Northern Railway zone controls this station. It is one the largest railway stations, the terminal spread over 42 hectares and caters to all east bound trains from Delhi to Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, West Bengal, Orissa and other north eastern states. These trains have to cross the bridge over the river Yamuna as all the other stations are placed on other side of Yamuna River. To solve the problem of travellers, Anand Vihar was selected in the Trans Yamuna region to construct a mega railway terminal.
Anand Vihar railway terminal, station code AVNT, and station code is ANVR.The construction of Anand Vihar railway terminal sorted out many problems such as congestion and overcrowding. The railway terminal will help the passengers as it is close to Anand Vihar interstate bus terminal and Anand Vihar metro station.
Currently, the regular trains that originate from the station are:-
- Kathgodam shatabdi express
- Northern express
- Seemanchal express
- Vikramshila express
- Sapt kranti express
- Lichhavi Express
- Rajendra Nagar Jan
- Sadharan Express
- Bhagalpur Garib Rath Express
- Jaynagar Garib Rath Express
- Varanasi Garib Rath Express
- Sasaram Garib Rath Express
- Jharkhand Swarna Jayanti Express
Gradually many trains will be shifted from New Delhi and other stations to Anand Vihar, to manage the load of passengers. The station will also have additional number of platforms and it will be able to handle over three lakh passengers after the constriction of Phase II. More than 270 trains will run daily. Phase II of the Anand Vihar will involve linking of the new with the original Anand Vihar station.
Facilities at Anand Vihar Station:
- Booking office
- Booking counters
- Waiting halls with special facilities for handicapped passengers so that they can be comfortable.
- Arrival and departure areas is made separately for ease of passengers.
- Cloak rooms
- Reservation halls
- Luggage office
- operational service accommodation and parking areas.
- Station has some modern amenities like:
- Touch screen inquiry system
- Foreign exchange counters
- Commercial and maintenance offices
- Food plazas
- Computerized ticketing facility
- Retiring room and dormitories
- Separate parcel loading facility is available in this terminal.
- Two escalators and six lifts and a special heritage gallery and custom-made subways which can be used by physically challenged passengers.
Related Articles: Nizamuddin Railway Station
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0