National Police Museum
Collections in National Police Museum
- Exhibits of weapons, guns, equipments, that have been used by Delhi police and other Central, State police force are on display. A special display if of a " Double Barrel gun" which was presented to the Delhi Police by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
- Forged documents discovered during various operations are on display.
- A section provides historical record of challenging cases of criminal prosecution, case studies, other documents like FIRs of important cases.
- A copy of death sentence of Nathuram Godse, who killed Mahatma Gandhi, and that of killers of Indira Gandhi can also be found.
- Uniforms that have been worn in ancient times as well the ones used in present day have been displayed. These uniforms also bear medals in accordance with the respective ranks of the officers.
- Technologies used by various divisions of the crime bureau like by the Research division, Forensic laboratory, etc have been presented.
Location: Block No. 4, CGO complex, Lodi road, New Delhi
Timings: 10:00am to 5:00pm
Open: Daily except Saturdays and Sundays
Entry Fee: None
How to Reach: Nearest metro station is Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium (Violet Line). One can simply walk for about 2 minutes to reach the museum.
Important Information: Photography is allowed but with permission.