Metro Museum in DelhiThe Metro museum in Delhi is the first of its kind in all of South Asia and is a mirror image of Delhi metro, its history, origin, milestones to the present day achievements.
The advent of Metro in Delhi has in a way, ushered the capital city into an entirely new era of speed, comfort, innovation and design.
Collections in Delhi Metro Museum
- Interactive devices like touch screen computers, close circuit television camera, train models, digital map of the entire network of stations, etc are present which the visitors can use. There are two such touch screen computers which describe the genesis of Delhi metro and its history via animated visuals.
- The museum is enriched with unique exhibits like soil samples from various construction sites, helmets used by workers, train operator's kit, mannequins wearing different uniforms, model of metro train.
- There is display of Broad gauge, Standard gauge rolling stock and other electrical equipments.
- It also houses rare photographs, newspaper archives, books and other interesting written records describing the experiences of the driver, facts related to first metro, challenging constructions of the underground stations, iconic constructions that required large relocation, etc
- A model of Tunnel Boring Machine is also at display.
- Features that add to a comfortable journey inside the metro, like the automatic fare collection system, services for the physically challenged, co operative activities of the metro personnel have been conveyed.
Delightful Souvenirs in Metro MuseumA handcrafted model of metro train is made of high quality plastic and bears the same minute specifications as are present in the original metro train.
Quick Facts/ GuideLocation: Patel Chowk metro station, New Delhi- 110001
Timings: 6am to 11pm
Open: All days except Mondays
Entry Fee:Rs. 8 per head
Free of cost for persons coming to the museum from other stations of Delhi Metro
Curator Services: 10am to 4pm
How to Reach: As the museum is located inside the Patel Chowk metro station, it is easily accessible from all other stations of the Delhi metro. Else, from ISBT Kashmiri Gate, one can take a local bus like that of route no. 193, 753, 501, 213, 142, 729, 185, 605,173, etc to reach here.
E-mail Id: firstname.lastname@example.org