Medical Tourism in DelhiWith the growing sphere of medical tourism in India, the national capital has emerged as the top notch destination for availing excellent medical care services in the country. There are many government as well as private hospitals offering impeccable healthcare services to the overseas patients at highly competitive prices.
Abiding to the true meaning of medical tourism, Delhi is a delightful destination for any tourist. This historical city offers a medley of old traditions with contemporary lifestyle in its numerous attractions. It forms golden triangle of tourism in India.
Why Delhi is preferred for medical tourism in India?For any tourist coming from another city in India or from abroad, Delhi offers an exhilarating experience of recovery and riddance from their disease. This wonderful city is full of inimitable places of interest, delectable cuisines, and swanky hotels for accommodations.
Key Features of Medical Tourism in Delhi are:Delhi has an outstanding infrastructure to cater the needs of this burgeoning medical tourism industry. The city has best hospitals, hotels, as well as facilities for the patients coming from different parts of the world. The city enjoys unmatched connectivity with the entire world. Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi has frequent flights for almost every country in the world and every city in India.
Presence of world class facilities at the private and government hospitals of Delhi also enhance its importance in medical tourism. Leading hospital groups have their medical facilities in this city. They are run by well experienced and specialized medical practitioners and nursing staff.
Affordability in the medical treatments also boosts the places of Delhi in medical tourism industry. Treatments here are up to 70% cheaper as compared to the countries like USA, Arab and UK. This does not degrade the standards of services at the hospitals of Delhi. They offer world class amenities and personalized care for every patient.
The hospitals and medical care centres in Delhi have employed multi lingual staff to communicate effectively with the foreign patients. Some medical tourism agencies in the city also offer translators for the convenience of these patients. The city offers easy commutation within its limits with the help of cycle rickshaws, auto rickshaws, taxis, buses, and cabs.
All the prescribed medicines and drugs are easily available in the medical stores of Delhi. Some of these even offer free home delivery of medicines at any point of time. This city offers amazing facilities for accommodation in every budget type. From cheap hotels to swish resorts, every type of accommodation is available at affordable rates here.
Latest techniques are used for treatments at the hospitals in Delhi.
Hospitals offering Medical Tourism in Delhi
There are many leading hospitals in the city of Delhi to offer their impeccable services for medical tourism. These hospitals include the leading hospitals along with some upcoming hospitals rising in this domain. The list of famous hospitals offering this facility in Delhi:
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences or AIIMS
- Fortis Hospital
- Apollo Hospital
- Sir Ganga Ram Hospital
- Max Hospital
- Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre
- Dharmashila Cancer Hospital and Research Institute
- Artemis Health Institute
- Delhi Heart and Lung Institute
- Dr. B L Kapur Memorial Hospital
- Batra Hospital and Medical Research Centre
- Jaipur Golden Hospital
- City Hospital
- Vedanta Ayurveda
- Aastha Ayurvedic Clinic
- Bhagat Hospital
- Moolchand Hospital
- Vohra Skin Clinic
- Holistic Energy Mission
- Ridge IVF
- Sanjeevani Hospital
- Moolchand IVF and Fertility Centre
- Narang Eye Institute
- Dr. Virmani Dental Clinic
Medical Treatments Available in DelhiWith its advancement in the field of medicine and surgery, Delhi offers the best in class treatments for even the most complex diseases. Here, the hospitals offer latest techniques and experienced doctors to cure these diseases with ease. Their success ratio testifies this fact.
- Cardiology and Cardiothoracic surgery
- Orthopedic surgeries like joint replacement, hip replacement, tendon repairs, rheumatoid hands, fracture treatment, carpal tunnel release, re-implantation, wrist sprains, etc.
- Oncology or cancer treatments for cancer of bone, bladder, liver, breast, brain tumour, lung, prostate, pancreatic, head, neck, lymphoma Hodgkin, childhood cancer, etc.
- Eye procedures like laser refractive surgery, Lasik eye treatment, eye care treatment, eyelid surgeries, refractive surgeries, vision and eye care, eye Lasik refractive packages, etc.
- The city has the best of cosmetic surgeons offering their services like brow lift, liposuction, abdominoplasty, calf augmentation, ear surgery, eyelid surgery, facial implants, hair transplant, face lift, etc.
- General surgery and endoscopic treatments including open cholecystectomy for gall bladder stone, hernia repair, chronic pancreatitis, appendix surgery, haemorrhoids surgery, etc.
- Treatment of morbid obesity through obesity or bariatric surgery
- Neuro surgery treatments that include disorders like cervical spine disorders, carpal tunnel syndrome, chronic pain, carotid artery disorder, spinal cord injuries, hydrocephalus, head injury, epilepsy, stroke, tumours, Parkinson’s, etc.
- You can also visit Delhi for preventive general health check up including full medical examination, ECG, X-ray, lipid profile, blood group, TMT, LFT, MRI L-spine, ENT examination, etc.
Government Assistance to Medical Tourism in DelhiWith support and guidance of the government, medical tourism industry has flourished in the city like Delhi. The facilities offered to the patients by Indian government as well as state government give them an impetus to make Delhi a preferred destination. The recent changes in policy and upcoming proposals are directed towards further promotion of medical tourism in the city. These include:
- Introduction of special M Visa by government of India
- Exhibition of Medical Tourism in international events
- Publicity of medical tourism through government portals
- Setting up of National Medical and Wellness Tourism Board to facilitate the patients visiting the country
Role of Medical Tourism Agencies in DelhiThe national capital has many trusted players of travel industry offering their services in the realm of medical tourism as well. These companies are working primarily in private sector with recognition accorded to them by the government of India. Whenever choosing these tour operators, it is advisable to contact the government recognized agents having good service records and customer testimonials.
Procedure to follow while finalizing any medical tour operator in Delhi:
- Check the websites and know about the panel of hospitals, doctors, healthcare centres and tourist attractions listed on them.
- Select the centres and treatments that suit your requirements
- Send a duly filled query form to the operator and ask for the costs that will be incurred
- These operators arrange for online consultation with the medical practitioner and let you ask the questions related to your disease.
- Register with the operator
- Once the treatment and dates are finalized, they will arrange for the bookings in hotel or any accommodation that you ask for.
- On arrival, they will take you to the hospital and arrange for your comfortable stay.
- Their representative will accompany you wherever you go, be it the hospital or the tour package that you choose before or after undergoing the treatment.
- From arrival to departure, these tour operators provide you complete support to ensure fast recovery and enjoyable trip to the national capital.