Baba Kharak Singh Marg
We provide you with a quick guide of the emporiums and the attractive and unique things to look out for -
- Zoon, the Kashmir State Emporium – pashmina shawls, stoles, carpets, embroidered jackets, kaftans, prayer rugs.
- Rajasthali, the Rajasthan State Emporium – Magnificent jewelry pieces, lac bangles, bandej clothes, brocade & embroidered jackets, home décor items, blue painting, paper Mache, traditional paintings, Rajasthani saris, artifacts in stoneware.
- Lepakshi, the Andhra Pradesh State Emporium – rosewood furniture, cherial scroll paintings, leather lamp shades, Kondapalli toys, cotton handloom carpets, Kalamkari block printed hand bags, bed sheets, articles of aesthetic Bidri craft, brass ware articles emanating from years old history of the state.
- Bharati, the Delhi Emporium – handcrafted creations of weavers, craftsmen, folk artists like carpets, leather goods, white metal products, marble artifacts, silver ware, garments, ornaments.
- Garvi Gurjari, the Gujarat State Emporium – enchanting puppets, bright woven works in silk, rayon, cotton, metal works- both figurative as well as of household use, articles of the dying art form Bead work, bird hangings, traditional footwear, embroidered skirts, kurtas and jackets.
- Poompuhar, the Tamil Nadu State Emporium - Thanjavur cut glass artifacts, Pith products, Sandalwood products, cane doll set, terracotta items, Lacquer ware music set.
- Cauvery, the Karnataka State Emporium – Tables, cabinets of rosewood, hand-woven rugs, perfumed incense sticks made of natural oils and herbs like tulsi, jasmine, sandal, etc, lacquer ware bangles, silk scarves, bracelets in precious stones, articles of traditional wood carving craft- Kinhal, Ganjifa paintings, Pachisi- the ancient Indian board game, stone idols covered with embossed metal, Tibetan knot carpets.
- Mrignayani, the Madhya Pradesh State Emporium – Chanderi, Maheshwari, Kosa Tussar and printed saris, office furnishings, jewelry items.
- The Kerala State Handicrafts Emporium – artifacts in Whitewood, country wood, birds, fishes, animals made up of Buffalo horn, mats woven with screw pine leaves, banana fibre mats, traditional lamps and pooja sets of of bell metal craft.
- Central Cottage Industries Emporium – exclusive artifacts of gods and goddesses, articles of Filigree work, silver enamel, premium tea, natural oil soaps, perfumes, items of home décor.
- Ambrapali, the Bihar State Handicrafts Emporium – extremely famous fro its Madhubani paintings.
- Khadi Gram Udyog Bhawan – handmade paper, lamps, folders, flooring material, corporate uniforms, ready made garments in Khadi.
- Utkalika, the Orissa State Emporium – artifacts of Dhokra casting- a traditional form of metal ware, palm leaf graving, pattachitra, wood carving, cane and bamboo craft.
- Manjusha, the West Bengal State Emporium – cotton saris of Tant, Baatik, Swarnachuri, different varieties of tea, handicrafts having Dokra works, etc.
- Gangotri, the Uttar Pradesh Export Corporation Limited – lamps, paper cutters of Bone, ladies garments of chikankari work, decorated low rise tables called Chowkis, purses bearing Zardozi work, exquisite pottery items, table lamps using glass beads technique.