Golf in Delhi
Indian Golf Union (IGU) is the functionary body which controls the sport of golf and is making earnest efforts and committed to ameliorate the golf standards in the country.
The Indian Golf Union was actually established during the year 1955 and ceaselessly working for the development of the sport.
During the year 1995, the Indian Golf Union arrived at a substantial conclusion which ultimately led to the formation of an exclusive establishment for golf viz. Professional Golfers' Association of India (PGAI).
The role of Delhi Development Authority (DDA) in the development of game of golf is commendable as the body works continuously for the development of the locality and has produced some of the finest golf courses in the vicinity.
DDA has prepared two golf courses in Delhi, which are of international standards viz. the Qutab Golf Course and the Bhalaswa Golf Course.
Location and Contact Details of Indian Golf Union
Qutab Golf Course
- Year of establishment: 2000
- Area: Approximately 110 acres
- Specialty: First public Golf Course in India
- Designed and Developed: Delhi Development Authority
- Holes / yardage / par: 18 holes, 6189 yards, Par 70
- Altitude (MSL: 770
- Weekly holiday: Wednesday
- Timings: 9:00 AM to 6:30 PM
- Longest hole: Hole 16, 560 yards, Par 5
- Shortest hole: Hole 10, 127 yards, Par 3
- Toughest hole: Hole 8, 556 yards, Par 5
- Course and slope rating: 68/113
- Type of grass:
- Greens: Flex (Local Grass)
- Fairway: Local grass
- Rough: Local grass
- Water bodies (nos): 3 nos
- Bunkers: 58 nos
- Hazards: 2 nos
Bhalswa Golf course
- Year of establishment: 2003
- Area: Approximately 100 acres
- Weekly holiday: Monday
- Timings: 6 AM to 7 PM
The Bhalswa Golf course is being developed into a 9 holes golf course in Phase-II. It will be converted into 18 holes golf course in near future.