Germany Embassy in DelhiGerman Embassy in Delhi is the official representation of Federal Republic of Germany in India. Its area of consular jurisdiction covers the state of Hayana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Uttrakhand, Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshawdeep.It also represents the Federal Republic of Bhutan.
Michael Steiner is the Ambassador to India since July 2012. He is supported in his functions by deputy chief of mission Mr. Cord MeierKlodt both inside and outside the Embassy in all aspects. The Economic and Global Affairs department focuses on Indian stakeholders on issues for concrete results in business and trade, agriculture, environment, science & technology, and vocational training.
In the year 2000 Germany and India having moving forward steadily with a Strategic and Global partnership in order to explore new opportunities together and to allocate global challenges like financial instabilities, climatic change, energy conservation and health betterment. Since 2000 Germany and India have become closer as champions of United Nations reforms, as members of G20 and member of United Nations Security Council. The five German missions are working further to make the Indo-German partnership deeper on global issues. It mainly focuses on rendering solutions in business, trade, agriculture, energy, environment, higher education, vocational training, and science and technology.
Functions of the embassy
- Political section of the Embassy
- Focuses on Indian domestic and foreign policies.
- The German government gets an extensive view in style and process of Indian politics to enhance their understanding on Indian political strategy they contact with Indian political parties, administration, media, parliamentarians, and non-governmental institutions
- They also inform Indian politicians about political developments in Germany.
- The consular and legal section of German Embassy
- Helps in providing visa services to those people who wants to travel to Germany.
- It also keeps information on legal issues of India that are of interest to Germany.
- The Economic and commercial section of the Embassy
- Focuses on the macroeconomic environment and economic policy issues.
- The German development society is an agency for private industry which helps in promoting business cooperation in the field of technology transfer and in establishing joint ventures.
- Science and technology section
- In terms of scientific output across all states Germany is India’s second largest collaborator worldwide and for Indian scientists working abroad GermanY is among the top three destinations in the world.
There are many other sections of the Embassy such as economic cooperation section that focuses on development of cooperation, cultural section that informs Indian public on current cultural developments in Germany and their background, then the military section that represents all the services of German armed forces including Federal Office of Defence Technology and Procurement. The Embassy also has a section for preventing corruption that offers clear and concise guidelines on honest, fair and transparent actions by Federal administration.
Contact Details of German Embassy in DelhiAmbassador of Germany to India -Michael Steiner
Embassy of Federal republic of Germany, Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi-110021.
Ph.no- 011 44199 199.
Monday –Thursday- 8.00-17.00hrs