Germany Embassy in DelhiGerman Embassy in Delhi is the official representation of Federal Republic of Germany in India. Its area of consular jurisdiction covers the state of Hayana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Uttrakhand, Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshawdeep.
In the year 2000 Germany and India having moving forward steadily with a Strategic and Global partnership in order to explore new opportunities together and to allocate global challenges like financial instabilities, climatic change, energy conservation and health betterment.
Functions of the embassy
- Political section of the Embassy
- Focuses on Indian domestic and foreign policies.
- The German government gets an extensive view in style and process of Indian politics to enhance their understanding on Indian political strategy they contact with Indian political parties, administration, media, parliamentarians, and non-governmental institutions
- They also inform Indian politicians about political developments in Germany.
- The consular and legal section of German Embassy
- Helps in providing visa services to those people who wants to travel to Germany.
- It also keeps information on legal issues of India that are of interest to Germany.
- The Economic and commercial section of the Embassy
- Focuses on the macroeconomic environment and economic policy issues.
- The German development society is an agency for private industry which helps in promoting business cooperation in the field of technology transfer and in establishing joint ventures.
- Science and technology section
- In terms of scientific output across all states Germany is India’s second largest collaborator worldwide and for Indian scientists working abroad GermanY is among the top three destinations in the world.
Contact Details of German Embassy in DelhiAmbassador of Germany to India -Walter J. Lindner
No. 6, 50G, Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, Delhi 110021
Monday –Thursday- 8.00-17.00hrs