Consumer Courts in Delhi
About Consumer courts and forums
Old Civil Supplies Building, District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum,
Room No. 2 & 3,TisHazariNew Delhi.
Telephone No: 23969372, 22924780
Mezannine Floor, I.S.B.T., Kashmeri Gate, Delhi
Telephone No: 23866728, 23866727
C-22 & 23, Udyog Sadan, Qutub Institutional Area, Behind Qutub Hotel, Mehrauli, Delhi.
Telephone No: 26565666, 24463463 (Resi)
District Forum North (West Delhi)
Block-C, Pkt-C, Shalimar Bagh, Convenient Shopping Centre, Delhi.
Telephone No: 27494833, 27112882 (Resi)
Consumer can file a complaint in the consumer court on the following grounds:
- They can take action if they find any defective goods purchased
- Deficient service rendered
- Trade practices which are unfair adopted by any trader or person
- If consumer has suffered loss or damage as a result of any unfair/restrictive trade practices adopted by a trader.
- Excess price charged from the fixed charges which are more than the actual price or under any law enforce on any good and services.
- To remove or replace defective item or deficiencies in goods and services.
- Refund of price paid,
- They get reimbursement or compensation for any loss/damage consumer suffer.
- Termination of unjust/defensive trade practice,
- Abandonment of dangerous or hazardous goods
- Providing a medium and help consumers particularly elder Citizens and underprivileged Class Consumers to get redressal of their complaints.
- Providing lawful support and that also free of cost to Indian Consumers.
- The Central Government.
- The State Government
- A Consumer
- Any registered voluntary consumer organization.
- Complaint can be filled for free of cost so consumer should not have to think before filling a complaint. Stamp papers are also not required on affidavit.
- Engaging of lawyer in this case is not compulsory so money is also saved in hiring a lawyer.
- A complaint can be sent by post or offered in person by complainant or his authorised mediator.
- Withing two years complaint is to be filed from the date on which cause of action has arisen.
- Complaint which should have 4-6 copies are mostly be used by the Forums.
- Complete name and address of complainant.
- Complete Name and address detail of opposite party as the case may be.
- Amount paid for consideration
- Date of purchase/service obtained.
- Copies of bills of those shop/vouchers/receipts and copies of mail or post made, if any.
- The name of the items of goods with quantities/nature of service all other required detail of goods and services.
- It should be inquired and cleared about the complaint that whether it relates to following:
- Unfair restrictive trade practice
- Defective goods
- Deficient services
- Charging excess price
- The relief sought
- Removal of defects from the goods.
- Exchange of the goods.
- Refund of the price paid.
- Awards of damages for the loss or injury suffered.
- Deletion of defects or deficiencies in the services.
- Unfair trade practices/restrictive trade practices and directing not to repeat them.and it should be discontinued.
- The harmful item of foods from being offered for sale should also be discontinued.
- Recognition and award for adequate costs to parties.
- It is obligatory for District Forum to consist of a person who has been qualified or who is qualified as district judge to be and who shall be its president.
- They have two others members with them who shall be a woman and they should have following qualifications:
- Less than thirty-five years of age,
- Should hold a bachelor's degree from a recognised university,
- Should be a person of capability, honesty and eminence, and have adequate knowledge and experience of at least ten years in dealing with problems relating to law, public affairs, commerce, administration, economics, accountancy, or in industry.