Buses in Delhi
Delhi public transport buses are now run by the DTC or Delhi Transport Corporation. Today, Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) owns more than 3,100 CNG buses that ply on 770 routes on the roads of the capital city. Delhi became the second city after Pune to own an operational BRT (Bus Rapid Transit) System for the improvement of bus services here.
Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC)DTC is an eco-friendly CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) fleet operator with a state-of-the-art Pollution Control Cell. The Corporation has contributed significantly towards sustainable development and conservation of environment. The buses navigate well-defined routes in the city.
Buses are equipped with GPS based Automatic Vehicle Tracking System. The AVTS (through Satellite Aided Monitoring) ensures that buses follow their schedule and stop on bus-stands. Newly designed Bus Queue Shelters have been constructed for the convenience of passengers.
DTC Corporate Office:Traffic Department, Scindia House, New Delhi.
Pollution Control Cell: 26811540
Central Control Room: 23370209,23370210, 23370103,23370105, 23370218, 8744073229
DTC Call Centre: 23317600 ( for information about DTC's operations)
Central Complaint Cell: 1800118181, 8744073248, 23370373, 23370374, 9582948924, 9582948918, 41400400, 23370209
Special Hire Bus Services:
- (In ordinary Stage Carriage Buses):
4 to 10 kms.: Rs.10/- for adults and Rs. 5/- for children.
10 kms. onwards: Rs.15/- for adults and Rs.8/- for children.
- (In Low Floor A/C Stage Carriage Buses):
4 to 8 kms.: Rs.15/- for adults and Rs.8/- for children.
8 to 12 kms.: Rs.20/- for adults and Rs.10/- for children.
2 and above kms.: Rs.25/- for adults and Rs.13/- for children.
What is Green Card
These cards are issued daily by DTC. You can travel in all or any DTC bus throughout the day using this Green Card. You are saved from the hassle of buying ticket again and again. You cannot use it for travelling in Palam Coach and Tourist Services.
Rs. 50/- (on A/C buses)
How to Get a DTC Bus Pass Made
Benefit of free passes is given to disabled persons, eminent sports persons, war widows and their dependents, freedom fighters, senior citizens, students, journalists and BPL (Below Poverty Line)/AAY (Antyodaya Anna Yojana) card holders,international sports persons, MLA's/MP's of Delhi.
DTC has 31 computerized Bus Pass Centres in Delhi. These are at Scindia House, Sarojini Nagar Depot, Nand Nagri, Timarpur, Delhi Gate, Central Secretariat, Hauz Khas Terminal, Shahdara Terminal, Nehru Place, Kashmere Gate, Azadpur, Peeragarhi, Red Fort, Shadipur Depot, Raja Garden, Lajpat Nagar, Wazirpur depot, Jamia Milia Islamia, Uttam Nagar Terminal, North Campus, South Campus, Mangolpuri, Mehrauli, Hasanpur Depot, Hari Nagar Depot, Najafgarh Terminal, Seemapuri Depot, Karol Bagh Terminal, Alipur (SSNC), Rohini Depot-II, Jheel (manual), Bawana Depot, JNU and IGI Airport.
To get the bus pass made, you have to fill a form available for Re1/- in all mentioned Pass Sections of DTC. These passes are made for commuting on a particular route or an all route pass can be made too! They are issued for one, two, three, four, five or six months depending on your choice. However, Student's Concession Pass, Route Pass, Destination Pass and pass issued to residents of resettlement colonies are issued on monthly basis. Passes to freedom fighters are issued on yearly basis. DTC operates Intercity bus services also to adjacent areas.
Inter-state NCR Passes:
- Delhi to Gurgaon: Rs.1080/-
- Delhi to Ghaziabad: Rs.1280/-
- Delhi to Bahadurgarh:Rs.920/-
- Delhi to Faridabad: Rs.1240/-
DTC Control Rooms:
- Central Control Room Phone: 23370209, 23370210
- East Control Room Phone: 22593553
- West Control Room Phone: 25871250
- North Control Room Phone: 27199807
- South Control Room Phone: 26119081
- Rural Control Room Phone: 25256531, 25279497
Lost Property Sections at Following Depots:
- DTC Central Lost Property Section at Scindia House Phone: 23752769.
- South: Kalkaji Depot Phone: 26384939
- East and Interstate: Hasanpur Depot Phone: 22239141, 2223541
- West: Shadipur Depot Phone: 25875711
- North and Rural: Banda Bahadur marg-II Phone: 27654146
Lost Property Sections at DTC Depots
- South: Kalkaji Depot Phone: 26384939
- East & Interstate: Hasanpur Depot Phone: 22239141, 22235416
- West: Shadipur Depot Phone: 25785711
- North and Rural: Banda Bahadur Marg-II Phone: 28877146
Inter-State Bus Terminal (ISBT)
Tourism departments of neighbouring states such as Punjab, Haryana, UP, MP, Rajasthan and Chandigarh operate Deluxe, AC and Volvo coaches to and from Delhi.
- UP Roadways Phone: (91-11) 22968709
- Haryana Roadways Phone: (91-11) 22961262
- Punjab Roadways Phone: (91-11) 22967892
- Himachal Roadways Phone: (91-11) 22966725
- Rajasthan Roadways Phone: (91-11) 22919537
- J&K Roadways Phone: (91-11) 23324511
Delhi Darshan Buses
DTC operates Delhi Darshan buses for sightseeing in Delhi every day. These buses start from Scindia House at 9.15 am and end the tour at 5.45pm.
Pickup Point: Baba Kharag Singh Point and ITDC Office at Janpath
Route Followed: Delhi Gate, Shanti Van, Tilak Mark, Akbar Road, Sansad Marg, Shanti Path, Siri Aurbindo Marg, Press Enclave Road, Outer Ring Road (Nehru Place), Modi Floor Mill, Ring Road, Mathura Road, Lodhi Road, Pragati Maidan, Nizamuddin Yamuna Bridge, Laxmi Nagar, DDU Marg and Connaught Place.
Fare:Adults: Rs. 200/-
Children (Between age of 5-12 years): Rs. 100/- (Children are not given individual seats)
Timings: 9.00 A.M. to 5.00 P.M.
Places Covered in Delhi Darshan Buses:
For Booking Contact: Delhi Darshan Counter, Scindia House, Connaught Place
Phone No.23752772 Extn. 244