AIIMS in DelhiAll India Institute of Medical Sciences, widely referred as AIIMS was established in the year 1956 to function as a one-stop institution for developing excellence in every single healthcare prospect.
AIIMS in Delhi holds the national importance through an Act of Parliament (legislative act enacted by parliament) with the objective of creating a revolution in the teaching patterns in undergrad and higher education in medical sciences and its various streams to set a new benchmark in medical education across the country.
Altogether, AIIMS Delhi is wholly regulated by the 'The All India Institute of Medical Sciences Act,1956'.
Infirmary at AIIMS, DelhiAIIMS hospital Delhi operates with a motto of easy availability of the best possible patient care to lakhs of deprived people. The specialty of AIIMS hospital Delhi is the availability of forward-looking facilities, state of art equipments, best possible medical experts; all under one roof. With 25 clinical sections, including four super-specialties, 1323 doctors, 1810 nurses and 1766 beds, AIIMS hospital Delhi strives hard to treat all types of diseases.
Nevertheless, fire injuries, infectious diseases and dog-bite patients are not admitted into the AIIMS infirmary. What is more, AIIMS hospital Delhi runs a hospital with 60 bed facilities at Ballabgarh in the state of Haryana.
Various Services Offered at AIIMS Hospital Delhi
Indoor Services at AIIMS Hospital DelhiPatient admission in General Ward:
A deposit of Rs. 375 (bed charges) has to be paid in advance of 10 days at the charges sanctioned by Government. A patient admitted in the general ward is entitled for physician consultations, critical medications, basic check up and operative particulars, bed linen, diet and so on.
Private Wards Allotment:
After consultation by the respective doctor, patient ought to get through the Medical Superintendent Office and consequently a private room is allotted according to the waiting list maintained.
Private Room - Hospitalization charges:
- Deluxe (A Class) - Rs. 1700/- per day
- Semi Deluxe (B Class) - Rs. 1100/- per day
Patients admitted in the private ward are charged additionally for specific medical examinations, operations and so on.
Visitors are allowed from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM
Miscellaneous facilities offered:
Parikrama Sewa (battery operated vans) is available for transporting patients within the AIIMS campus for free of charge.
Casualty and Emergency ServicesTelephone number of Casualty: (011) 26861698, 26594404
Ground floor, AB Wing
(Casualty can be easily reached from AIIMS main entrance, Aurobindo Marg)
Casualty and Emergency Services are available 24/7 throughout the year
Additional facilities offered:
- Operative items and medications are provided free of cost.
- Guidance and assistance of any sort including financial aid for hapless patients, Medical Social Service Officers (MSSO) available at the entryway of Casualty and Emergency can be approached.
- Free telephone and wheel chairs for patients are available at the entrance of Casualty and Emergency.
Out Patient Department (OPD) ServicesLocation:
Raj Kumari Amrit Kaur (RAK) OPD Block and neighboring extended OPD block for Medicine and paediatrics OPD
- Ground floor - Nuclear Medicine, Radiotherapy, Physical Medicine, Hematology, Rehabilitation
- 1st floor - Skin, Psychiatry, Orthopaedics
- 2nd floor - Gastroenterology, G.I. Surgery, Medicine, Nephrology, Endocrinology
- 3rd floor - Surgery, Paediatric Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- 4th floor - ENT, Dental Surgery
- 5th floor - Urology, Surgery
Timings of OPD Services:
Registration Time - 8:30 AM to 10:30 AM;
Consultation Time - 8:30 AM to 1 PM
Registration Time - 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM;
Consultation Time - 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM
OPD Admission Procedure:
Rs. 10/- OPD Card can be bought from main counter, OPD ground floor. After that, one should get registered at the counter of that particular OPDs.
Location of sample collection centre for Urine, Blood and so on:
Room No. 27, RAK OPD Ground Floor & Room No. 14A in Extended OPD Block
8:00 AM to 10:00 AM
Ansari Nagar East, Aurobindo Marg,
New Delhi, Delhi - 110016
Central Enquiry: (011) 26588500, 26588900, 26588700 - (extension 4707)
- Eye Donation (National Eye Bank) - (011) 26588500, 26588700 - (extensions 3062, 3063), (011) 265894761
- ORBO (Organ Retrieval Banking Organisation) - 1060, (011) 26588402, 26588663
- Casualty numbers - (011) 26594404, 26861698 (24/7)
- Poison Information Centre - (011) 26593677, 26583282, 26589391 (round the clock)
- AIDS Helpline (Shubhchintak) - (011) 26588333 (10.00 AM to 5.00 PM Monday to Friday).
Room No. 12, Ground floor,
Private ward Block, M.S.Office.
Telephone: (011) 26589279, 26593308
Control room at AIIMS hospital Delhi functions round the clock throughout the week and is administered by the Department of Hospital Administration and supervised by Duty Officers.
For complaints and grievances:
One can contact the Duty Officer in Control Room for lodging complaints and grievances.