Court Marriage in DelhiEvery individual has a right of getting married and marrying a person is to share life and create a bond with your loved ones. Marriages are built on commitment, respect, faith and loyalty to each other. This is a precious occasion in the life of every individual celebrated with joy in the presence of relatives and well wishers. It is very crucial to get your marriage certified and registered following a proper procedure, even if you have been married following all the rituals of your religion. They can register a month before getting married or even can be done after the wedding.
Procedure of Court Marriage in DelhiCourt marriage procedure in Delhi is to be followed by both the bride and the groom. One needs to go to the office of the additional divisional magistrate in
the jurisdiction of either the wife or the husband during the
morning session of any working day. Marriage registration is different in every zone and they provide a checklist on the website as people can apply it online.
Documents Required for Court Marriage
- Four photographs of passport size of the ones who are going to get married.
- Age-proof of the boy and girl
- If any of the partner is divorcee he/she should give all the details and the certificate of divorce granted by the court.
- In case of the widower death certificate of the spouse is to be submitted.
- People who are the witness should even carry any of their identity proof and passport size photographs.
How to register your marriageIt is compulsory to register your marriage. However, one should be very careful while registering their marriage and furnish all the details with proper proofs.Court Marriage Procedure in Delhi is easy in Delhi which is why residents here prefer to register their marriage.
To register every marriage one should submit all the required documents and fill the application form duly signed by both the husband and wife. This process of registration is based on the Hindu marriage act under which Hindus, Sikhs, Jains, and people belonging to the Hindu community can register their marriage.
All the proofs that are submitted along which the application forms are verified before giving the certificate. After checking thoroughly they will fix a date on which one can go and collect their certificates.
Application Charges for Registration:Application Fee for Registration: Rs. 100/-
For Solemnization: 150/-
Other Requirements for Court Marriage
- Name and signature of the bride and the bridegroom along with the form.
- The minimum age of the bride should be 18 years and the bridegroom should be 21 years to apply for the marriage certificate
- Proof of temple marriage from priest, if required
- Other than age proof, ration card or any other id proof is also required.
- A copy of the marriage invitation is to be submitted along with these documents along with the marriage photo pasted on a paper.
- Witnesses from both the sides.
- In case of any other required documents both the partners should submit them without fail to get the marriage registered.
Online Registration for Court Marriage in DelhiYou can also apply for Court Marriage in Delhi by following few steps:
- Visit the webiste and complete the application with all your personal details.
- After filling the application get a print out of the form and the acknowledgement receipt on which you will get a number.
- Post the printed form to the particular officer who deals with it through registered post.
- The applied individual can even check the status of the application after posting it with all the required documents.
- After verifying, the officer will allot you a 10 digit number and once your documents are done then you meet the officer for finally registering your marriage
Inter-Community Marriage:If your marriage is an inter caste or an inter-community then you can get your marriage certificate under the special marriage act. One should apply for 30 days before the marriage and then can get it certified. The documents required are the:
- Duly filled application form signed by the bride and the groom.
- Receipt of the fee of Rs.15/- which is deposited with cashier of District
- Age-proof of both the parties
- Evidence regarding stay in Delhi which should be more than 30 days
- Separate affidavits from bride and groom giving:
- Date of birth.
- Current marital status
- Confirmation that none of the parties are related to each other
- Two Passport size photographs of both parties attested by a Gazetted Officer.
- Copy of divorce decree/order in case of a divorcee and death certificate of spouse in case of widow/widower.
- And any marriage under this special act can be registered only in the office under the jurisdiction the bride or the bridegroom resides.
Places where one can get their marriage registered are as follows:
- Court Marriage Registration Certificate
Sukhdham Apartments, Ahinsa Vihar Rd, Rohini Sector -15, New Delhi -110001
Call: 011 4686 9798
- Marriage Registration in Delhi
1st Floor, Chamber No : B-136 Tis Hazari Court Delhi - 110054, India, Delhi India, Delhi, 110054
Call: 85 10 927230
- Court Marriage, Arya Samaj Marriage & Marriage Registration
Flat No.76, Sukhdham Appartments,, Plot No.1, Sector-9, Rohini,, New Delhi - 110085
Call: 92 12 012466
- Marriage Registration in Delhi
Flat No.61B, Jhang Aptt. Plot No.40, Sec-13, Rohini,, New Delhi - 110085
Call: 75 03 242401
- Court Marriage, Tis Hazari District Court
Chamber No. 17, Civil Side, Tis Hazari Courts, New Delhi - 110054
Call: 97 16 630851
- Registry,Registration for Marriage in Delhi
257-A, 3rd Floor, Hauz Rani Market, Opp. Max Hospital-Saket, New Delhi - 110017
Call: 75 03 703063
- D.C. (SOUTH)
M.B. Road, Saket, New Delhi -110068
Call: 011 29535025
- ADM (SOUTH)
M.B. Road, Saket, New Delhi -110030
Call: 011 29536774
- Application For Registration Of Marriage Under Section 8 Of The Hindu Marriages Act
- Application For Registration Of Marriage Under Section 15 Of Special Marriage Act, 1954
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 1